Postdoctral Research Fellowship in Vascular Pathophysiology at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017
- 31 December 2017
One position as postdoctoral research fellow is available for 2,5 years at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine. Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their discipline.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Candidates must have a PhD equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Successful candidates must have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date.
Candidates must have a PhD equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree. Successful candidates must have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date. Please also refer to the regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment for the post as post-doctoral research fellow
- Background in atherosclerosis, immunology and cell biology
- Experience with mouse models of atherosclerosis
- Felasa C or equivalent certification
- PhD in related field
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Ability to work independently
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Salary ranging from pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 486 100 – 563 500)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
The application must include:
- Application letter describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek, including a summary of the applicant’s scientific work and interests
- CV summarizing education, positions held, details of academic work, pedagogical and administrative experience and other qualifying activities
- List of publications, published abstracts, presentations that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees stating relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.