Scholars are expected to conduct their own research within one of IIASA's research programs or special projects on topics closely related to IIASA's agenda.
The goals of the IIASA Postdoctoral Program are:
- to encourage and promote the development of young researchers and offer them the opportunity to further their careers by gaining hands-on professional research experience in a highly international scientific environment; and
- to enrich IIASA’s intellectual environment and help achieve research program goals.
As well as the special prestige attached to a postdoctoral award at IIASA, recipients enjoy a substantial number of professional benefits as well as a competitive remuneration package.
- The quality of the proposed research.
- The relevance for ongoing or planned research activities at IIASA. Proposals relevant to two or more IIASA programs are possible and encouraged.
- Candidates' academic merit and potential for successful research (graduate record, publication record, and letters of recommendation).
- A demonstrated ability to think and work independently and in a team.
- Candidates' depth of experience with interdisciplinary research.
- The degree to which a candidate would contribute to the long-term balance of postdoctoral positions in terms of programs, gender, and country of origin.
- an allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg
- limited support for business travel
- a salary that is internationally competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. It is exempt from taxation in Austria, but subject to the principle of income aggregation.
All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.