Postdoctoral Research Fellowship – Nordic Branding at University of Oslo
- 31 March 2017
A Post-doctoral research fellowship within the project ‘Nordic Branding’ is available at the Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo. The project is part of the programme UiO:Norden.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must hold a doctoral degree in rhetoric or another relevant discipline. A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of internationally recognised tests.
The candidate must hold a doctoral degree in rhetoric or another relevant discipline.
The project language is English, yet since the empirical work will mainly be carried out in Norwegian, candidates should have an excellent command of a Scandinavian language and English, written and spoken.
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
The quality and relevance of the project description;
Academic and personal ability to carry out the project within the allotted time frame and contribute to the Nordic Branding project;
Good co-operative skills and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines.
Theoretical and/or methodological competence
Communication and dissemination skills in both academic and popular genres
- Salary NOK 489 300 – 588 100 per year (salary levels 57 to 65)
- An inspiring and friendly working environment
- A favorable pension arrangement
- Attractive welfare arrangements
The applicants should include:
- Cover letter (statement of motivation and research interests)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work, scientific publications)
- Certified copies of certificates and academic diplomas. (If the original language is not English or a Scandinavian language, an English language translation must be provided in addition to a copy of the original.)
- Project description (approximately 5 pages), including a progress plan
- A complete list of academic publications
- Up to 3 publications. (If the publications are written by more than one author, a declaration of authorship and of the contribution of the applicant should be submitted.)
- A list of up to 3 references. (Name, relation to candidate, e-mail address and telephone number)
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview at the University of Oslo or we will arrange for an interview on Skype.
Please remember that the application and the project outline as well as all other documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.