Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Search Engine and Language Technology, 2017
- 2 January 2017
The University of Amsterdam is now accepting applications for fellowship in Search Engine and Language Technology for 2017-2018 academic year. Fellowship is available for postdoctoral research program.
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) offers over 160 English-taught degree programmes, some of which are unique to this university. The UvA ranks 57th overall in the QS World University Rankings 2016, where it is the top-ranked university from the Netherlands.
Applicants must have a MSc or a PhD in Computer Science and/or closely related areas.
Applicants must have a MSc or a PhD in Computer Science and/or closely related areas. Appropriate academic backgrounds include Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, all with a strong emphasis on Computer Science.
A successful candidate should:
- have prior work/research experience with unstructured data and data modelling;
- have excellent coding skills and at least 3 years of programming experience in either C, C++, or Java and in either Python, Perl or PHP;
- have object-oriented programming skills; strong background in software development, incl. testing and debugging;
- have experience in working independently and as part of a team;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- research experience with the MapReduce paradigm of programming (e.g., Hadoop) and with next generation Databases (e.g., Scalable Document Stores such as MongoDB and Column Family Stores such as Cassandra)
The temporary appointment of the postdoctoral researcher will be full-time (38 hours a week) for two years (including a probation period of two months). The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with the University regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €2,552 up to a maximum of €4,028 (scale 10) based on a full-time appointment depending on qualifications, expertise and on the number of years of professional experience. The annual salary will be increased by 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of year-bonus.
Applications may be submitted via application-science-at-uva.nl. To process your application immediately, please quote vacancy number 16-616 and the position you are applying for in the subject-line. Applications must include a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter explaining why you are the right candidate, list of projects you have worked on with brief descriptions of your contributions and the names and contact addresses of two, preferably academic, references from which information about the candidate can be obtained. All files should be grouped in one PDF attachment.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.