Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Language Technology at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017
- 15 February 2017
A position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Language Technology is available at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway. The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Natural Language Processing.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Natural Language Processing.
- The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
- A good command of English is required.
Position code 1352, NOK 512 700 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- Statement of purpose: scholarly interests and goals
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.