Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Knowledge Translation at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017
- January 2, 2017
The Centre for Health Sciences Education is pleased to announce a postdoctoral fellowship in knowledge translation. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway. The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must hold a PhD(Norwegian doctoral degree) or equivalent degree. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- They seek candidates with a strong background in at least one of the following; medical epistemology, science studies, text analysis, cultural studies/history.
- Candidates should have familiarity with research about the history/ethnography of knowledge production and document excellent insights about theoretical concepts and different designs for exploring translation between knowledge cultures.
- Applicants must hold a PhD(Norwegian doctoral degree) or equivalent degree. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved. The candidate should be able to work independently and structured, while at the same time engage in close collaborations with members of the research group and research participants.
- In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the relevance of the candidate’s background including international networks.
- A good command of English and Norwegian is required.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- Salary ranging from pay grade 57 to 65 (NOK 486100 – 567100 per year)
- Favourable pension arrangements
- Attractive employee benefits
- Access to our Postdoctoral programme courses within career planning, supervision, innovation, external funding etc.
The mode of applying is online. The application must include
- A statement of motivation, research interests and a brief description of previous relevant experience
- A research proposal
- CV with a complete list of publications
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Optional: letters of recommendation
The application with all attachments must be submitted via our electronic recruitment system EasyCruit.
International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.