Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Algebraic Geometry at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017
- 15 January 2017
Position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow available at Department of Mathematics. Norwegian applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway. The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in algebraic geometry.
- The relevant candidate must demonstrate a good research track record in complex algebraic geometry and/or birational geometry. The successful applicant should be highly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group, and have good communication skills.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in algebraic geometry.
- The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
- A good command of English is required.
Position code 1352, NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year (pay Grade: 57 – 65), depending on qualifications and seniority.
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- Project description
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.