POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS - AXA Research Fund
- Fully Funded
- 30 May 2017
In 2017 the AXA Research Fund will be proposing up to 25 Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers. You can be awarded a grant for up to €130,000 for an 18 to 24 month period. All research institutions willing to host Post-Doctoral Fellowship candidates that are registered in the AXA Research Fund database will be receiving our two bottom-up calls for applications.
It is up to the Institution to identify the best possible candidates to participate in these Post-Doctoral Fellowships campaigns. Candidates will subsequently be expected to submit their application outlining the research project the are to carry out in the host institution nominating them.
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
The research project must fall within the scope of theAXA Research Fund’s overall mission, that is, to fund basic science dedicated to developing a better understanding of global risks.
Only research projects with justified relevance to the following AXA Research Fund list of topics will be considered for funding.
- Evironmental Risks
- Life Risks
- Socio - Economic Risks
- The 4th Industrial Revolution
Institutions are invited to submit their applications for one of the two campaigns by:
1. Nov. 3, 2016 for the first
2. May 30, 2017 for the second
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANT?
- The AXA Research Fund partners with academic institutions only.
- Host institutions must be registered in the AXA Research Fund’s database.
- **Eligible Institutions are subdivided into the AXA Research Fund Advisory Board’s defined geographical scopes as follows:
Europe: Iceland, EU member states, Norway, Switzerland
Central & Latin America: Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
Africa & the Middle East: Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Gabon, Israel, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emiates
Asia Pacific: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, japan, Malaysia, Phillipines, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam
- Only applicants without a permanent academic position are eligible.
- The applicant must have been awarded his/her first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree) before the beginning of the Post-Doctoral grant and within the 3 years preceding the deadline for the submission of their research proposal.
- The eligibility period may be extended for up to 6 years in the event of documented career breaks (see below the Application Guidelines for details of eligible career breaks).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.