The Plaksha Research Fellowship (PRF) aims to recruit brilliant graduates and postgraduates in engineering, applied sciences, and social sciences, who are interested in building a research career at the cutting edge of technology and associated interdisciplinary areas. Research Fellows will be exposed to emerging challenges in research which will lead to the evolution of their research leadership at an international level.
They will work under the mentorship of a team of reputed faculty within Plaksha as an integral member of a research lab, while collaborating with peers in partner institutions including universities, research laboratories and industry.
The candidates will get a stipend competitive with industry, along with an annual grant to attend international conferences/workshops. We expect the Research Fellows to evolve and be an integral part of globally reputed research programs within a short time. We will also strive to offer a suitable environment for the growth of entrepreneurial skills and vision.
Open to brilliant individuals desirous of starting their career in academia. The fellowship is very selective and only those who have a genuine interest in pursuing research and building a career in technological leadership will be selected. Requirements include:
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent in computer science/ engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, bioengineering, mathematics, physics, biology and natural sciences, engineering education, humanities and liberal arts or related areas.
- Research interests should preferably align with our thrust areas such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science, robotics and cyber-physical systems, sensors, IoT, biological systems, bioinformatics, engineering ethics, and humanities among others. For more details and specific areas of faculty research interests, please click on 'Role Specifications' below.
- The candidate should be below 30 years of age.
Research Fellows will be selected based on their research interests, talent for innovation, and drive to make an impact. We are looking for candidates who are keen to take up intellectual challenges with an eye towards building novel artefacts, devices and systems, investigate the interface between technology and society, and solve real life problems.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- Minimum consolidated monthly stipend of INR 50,000, inclusive of HRA. Additional incentives for exceptional candidates.
- On-campus housing may be available in the student hostel, on payment basis.
- Medical insurance coverage of INR 5 lac.
- Travel/conference allowance of up to INR 50,000 per year for attending conferences/workshops.
- One year contract, renewable annually and extendable to three years, based on mutual agreement.
Additional career benefits
- Priority consideration for admission to the PhD programs at Plaksha based on excellent performance.
- Priority consideration for full time research engineer positions at Plaksha’s research centers based on excellent performance.
- Mentorship and guidance in future career trajectories in academia and industry.
The application portal can be accessed by clicking here.
Applicants should send their:
- Cover Letter
- Research interest statement [1 page]
- A personal statement about your educational and career aspirations
- A list of three to five references.