Physics: Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarship at Swansea University (AMQP)
- Full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend
- 23 September 2019
Physics: Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarship in Atomic Molecular and Quantum Physics (AMQP)
Start date: October 2019, January or April 2020
Swansea University’s Department of Physics has a call for a fully-funded scholarship in 2019 in areas spanning the research interests of the Atomic Molecular and Quantum Physics (AMQP) group. These include, but are not limited to:
- Positronium research, including interactions with trapped ions
- Positron beam physics, and positron annihilation spectroscopy
- Ultra-cold atoms with tapered optical nano-fibres as a quantum interface
- Femto-second electron pulse generation for time-resolved imaging of structural dynamics in the condensed phase
- Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Levitated optomechanics for fundamental measurements and technological applications
- Adaptive control of soft X-rays for coherent imaging
- Modelling, simulation and control of quantum systems with applications to quantum technology, spintronics and MR spectroscopy
Applications should be received before 23 September 2019, with interviews taking place as soon as possible thereafter.
Candidates must have a first, upper second class honours or a Master's degree with Merit (or equivalent), in a relevant discipline.
For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
Studentships funded by EPSRC are subject to UK/EU residency eligibility.
This scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009 per annum for three years.
Please visit our website for more information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.