Philip & Jeune Kirmser International Student Scholarship for Africans
- 6 March 2017
The Kansas State University is inviting applications for Philip & Jeune Kirmser International Student Scholarship. Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student at Kansas State University of African origin and must provide proof of citizenship from any country on the continent of Africa. The aim of the scholarship is to give support students from outside the country.
Kansas State University is a public doctoral university. It is the first public institution of higher learning in the state of Kansas. The university is classified as a research university with highest research activity (R1) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Kansas State ranks first nationally among public universities in its total of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater, and Udall scholars with 124 recipients.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student (12 credit hours) at Kansas State
- University of African origin and must provide proof of citizenship from any country on the continent of Africa (passport copy).
- You must not have received this scholarship during the previous academic year.
- You must currently be in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa.
- You must have been enrolled full-time at K-State during the Fall 2016 semester or before.
- You must not currently be receiving any scholarship assistance.
- You must be continuing as a full-time student at K-State during the fall 2017 semester since the scholarship money will be awarded at that time to cover tuition fees. (Students graduating prior to fall 2017 are not qualified to receive this scholarship).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship covers $750.
Applicants can apply through online mode.
- Step 1: Complete the online application form. You can save the form and return to it later in OrgSync by using your login information with your K-State eID and password if you log in to Org Sync before beginning the scholarship application form. If you do not log in, then you cannot save the form to return to it later.
- Step 2: Submit only one Recommendation letter—you will need to contact a K-State professor, advisor, etc. to ask if he/she will write a recommendation letter for you for the international student scholarship. Here is the information that they should include in their recommendation letter:
- For how long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- Please comment specifically on the applicant in terms of why the applicant should receive a scholarship. (Please include details about academic abilities, involvement in campus and community organizations and any other information that would be helpful for the scholarship committee to know about this applicant)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.