PhD Scholarships in Astronomy or Astrophysics for International Students at UCLan
- February 28, 2017
Applications are invited for a full-time PhD (via MPhil) studentship in Astronomy or Astrophysics in the Jeremiah Horrocks Institute. The studentship is funded by STFC and is tenable for up to 3.5 years full-time and will cover the cost of tuition fees at UK/EU rates and a maintenance grant (14,296 at 2016/17 rates).
The aim of the scholarship is to give financial support to the students for their higher education.
UCLan is one of the UK’s largest universities with a student and staff community approaching 38,000. UCLan became the first UK modern university to appear in the QS World University Rankings. It is ranked second in the UK for the number of graduate start-ups still active overall and ranked third in the UK for estimate turnover for active firms. The University has an increasingly thriving campus in Cyprus delivering UCLan programmes and original research within a UCLan environment and culture
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Settled status in the UK, meaning they have no restrictions on how long they can stay.
- Been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the studentship. This means they must have been normally residing in the UK (apart from temporary or occasional absences)
- Not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. (This does not apply to UK or EU nationals).
- To be eligible for a fees-only award:
- Students from EU countries other than the UK are generally eligible for a fees-only award. To be eligible for a fees-only award, a student must be ordinarily resident in a member state of the EU; in the same way, as UK students must be ordinarily resident in the UK**.**
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
These scholarships will cover the cost of tuition fees at UK/EU rates.
Numbers of Scholarships: Four scholarships are available.
Applicants can apply through online mode.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.