PhD scholarships for self-developed research projects in natural sciences
The Hector Fellow Academy is a young academy of sciences. It offers a platform for networking, interdisciplinary exchange, and mutual inspiration to the laureates of the Hector Science Award. In addition, the Academy supports promising young researchers from all over the world.
At the Hector Fellow Academy you get the opportunity to realize a self-developed research project under supervision of a Hector Fellow. The Hector Fellows are a community of outstanding professors from different research institutions across Germany. They have been recognized by the Hector Foundation for their merit in research and teaching within natural sciences, informatics, mathematics, medicine / psychology and engineering. At the Academy they pass on their expertise to prospective young scientists.
Your profile: You are enthusiastic about developing and investigating an innovative research idea within the discipline of one of the Hector Fellows? You have a master’s degree in a scientific or engineering subject with excellent grades? You stand out from your peers due to your strong commitment and independent work? You are team oriented and communicative? You are willing to change your place of residence to the location of the university of the supervising Hector Fellow?
Our offer: Our PhD students are employed as full-time research assistants at the university of the corresponding Hector Fellow for a period of three years. The salary is determined by the institute’s guidelines (according to the general pay scale of German universities approx. 47,000 EUR gross income per year). In addition, Hector Fellow PhD students receive grants for research expenses (15,000 EUR per year) and are given the opportunity to gain interdisciplinary expertise and relevant soft skills by participating in selected training activities.
Ambitious master graduats from all over the world can apply for the PhD positions.
- Submittion of an innovative self-developed PhD research proposal relating to the research field of one of the Hector Fellows
- An excellent master’s degree
- Very good English language proficiency
- Willingness to move to the Hector Fellow´s home university
- Change of universities between master's studies and PhD studies
- Supervision of the Master thesis by a person other than the selected Hector Fellow
approx. 47,000 EUR gross income per year + grants for research expenses (15,000 EUR per year)
- Possibility to realize a self-developed research idea
- Full-time positions + grants for research expenses
- Cooperation with top-level researchers
- Membership in an excellent research network
- Additional training activities
- Room for visionary ideas
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.