PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries at Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium, 2017
- 31 March 2017
The Catholic University of Louvain (UCL) is offering PhD scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. Scholarships are available open for citizens of developing countries to pursue PhD programme.
The language of instruction and examination is English for most of the courses at CUB, SLU and UBonn while the language of instruction and examination is either French at UCL or Spanish at UPC for most of the courses.
The Catholic University of Louvain is Belgium’s largest French-speaking university. It is located in Louvain-la-Neuve, which was expressly built to house the university. UCL has satellite campuses in Brussels, Charleroi, Mons and Tournai.
To be eligible, applicants must fulfil ALL of the following criteria:
- Originate from a developing country;
- Have the support of at least one member of UCL’s academic staff;
- Have been accepted to study for a doctorate by the subject-specific doctoral committee (CDD) (for doctorates at UCL) or a research diploma (for doctorates in the applicant’s own institution) in their field of research;
- Not be required to give any undertaking to return to their home country to an organization that has funded a training course;
- In the case of students who have already started their doctorate and are duly enrolled at UCL, not be in receipt of a study scholarship.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Successful applicants will receive a UCL PhD grant, paid out in no more than 36 monthly instalments. If necessary, UCL will also cover the cost of one or more return flights between the international airport nearest to their place of residence and Brussels airport.
Applications must be submitted by the applicant’s UCL supervisor, using the appropriate form. An electronic version of the complete application, as one single PDF file, must be sent via email.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.