PhD Scholarship in Synthetic Biology at Tianjin University in China, 2017
- Deadline: January 31, 2017
The University of Queensland is offering scholarship to Domestic or International students to study at Tianjin University in China. The scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate Research.
The aim of the scholarship is to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world.
Tianjin University is the oldest institution of higher education in the modern history of China and one of China’s most prestigious universities. Tianjin University has over 30,000 students, including nearly 2500 international students. It ranked within the world’s top 20 universities on the Times Higher Education Funding for Innovation ranking.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Be able to spend at least 12 months at Tianjin University in China during your candidature.
- Be a domestic or international student studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be assessed by the UQ Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQRS rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- A part-time student, who is resident on a temporary resident visa, with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The scholarship will cover RTP rate with $10,000 top up and return economy airfare for period spent at Tianjin University.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
The applicants can apply by online mode.
Enter the following fields as follows:
- Under Research Higher Degree Supervisor, please nominate Associate Professor Linda Lua, at the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology.
- Under Program Details, please select the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, as your enrolling UQ institute.
- Under the Scholarship and Sponsorship section, please ensure you indicate here that you are applying for the Scholarship in Synthetic Biology with Tianjin University (Biosecurity), as illustrated below:
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.