PhD Scholarship Evolutionary Plant Biology at Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- 15 March 2017
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is offering three-year PhD position at the Department of Plant Sciences, Faculty of Biosciences. The position is available related to the project “Life at high latitudes: evolution of cold acclimation and its role in the successful adaptation of the grass subfamily Pooideae to temperate regions”.
The main objective of the Faculty of Biosciences is to contribute to the development of sustainable agriculture and food production systems through basic and applied research in plants, animals and fish (aquaculture).
The Norwegian University of Life Sciences is a public university located in Ås, Norway. It is located at Ås in Akershus, near Oslo, and at Adamstuen in Oslo and has around 5000 students.
The applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies, and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English.
- The successful applicant must meet the conditions defined for admission to a PhD. the programme at NMBU. The applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level.
- The applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies, and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English. For more detailed information on the admission criteria please see the PhD Regulations and the relevant PhD programme description
- The successful candidate must have an MSc degree in a relevant scientific area, preferably from plant ecology, plant evolutionary biology, plant biology or plant population genetics. The applicant must document expertise and interest in the research area.
- The salary for the PhD-scholarship start at wage grade 50 (equivalent to annual salary NOK 435.100) on the Norwegian Government salary scale upon employment and follow ordinary meriting regulations.
- For especially well-qualified applicants, alternative salary placement could be considered.
- Employment is conducted according to national guidelines for University and Technical College PhD scholars.
Applicants must complete the online application form. The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Certified copy of original master’s degree diploma, other degree diploma or the equivalent
- Project outline with a plan for the research work (1-3 pages)
- Documentation of English language proficiency, cf. section 5.2 of the PhD regulations
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.