PhD Research Fellowship in Mantle Geodynamics at University of Oslo
- March 1, 2017
The University of Oslo is inviting applications for PhD research fellowship in mantle geodynamics. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for these fellowships.
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Candidates without a Master’s degree have until 30 June, 2017 to complete the final exam for a Master’s degree.
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
- The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
- A good command of English is required.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Position code 1017, Pay grade: NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year.
The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.