The University awards positions for doctoral candidates usually twice annually. Successful applicants are employed as research assistants at Leipzig University. This financial support is available for a maximum of three years.
PhD Positions at Leipzig University
- Financial support
- 15 November 2021
Unsere Universität wurde 1409 gegründet und gehört zu den forschungsstarken und medizinführenden Universitäten Deutschlands. Sie bietet eine einmalige Fächervielfalt von den Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften bis zu den Natur- und Lebenswissenschaften.All Scholarships from UNIVERSITÄT LEIPZIG
- The applicant should be sufficiently qualified.
- The Graduate Commission will consider how well the proposal aligns with structured doctoral qualification programmes, such as at the Research Academy Leipzig"), with our strategic research profile, or with other special areas of research at the University.
- Have your supervising professor or junior professor submit a written application for a position for a doctoral candidate (referred to in German as a Doktorandenförderplatz). The application should be handed in to the Vice-Rectorate for Research and Young Academics.
- The Vice-Rectorate will then review your application.
- The Graduate Commission decides on the allocation of positions for doctoral candidates.
Please address your application to:
Professor Erich Schröger
Vice-Rector for Research and Young Academics
Chair of the Graduate Commission
Ritterstraße 26, room 314
Funding can be requested for a maximum of three years. The application must specify the period for which the position is being requested.