UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to many of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations.
The PhD candidate will work within the Population Child Health Research Group, an integrated, multidisciplinary, translational research team based at UNSW and the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick. Our aim is to inform service delivery and policy through innovation, collaboration, research, policy development and advocacy. The successful applicant will work on the Nauru: The Last 200 Children national cohort study within the Priority Populations stream, examining the health and well-being impacts of prolonged (up to 4-5 years) offshore immigration detention on refugee children. The PhD candidate will undertake the longitudinal follow-up of the existing study and focus on access to healthcare in the dataset. This is an established, highly functional research project with full ethics clearance and data collection already in progress.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Top-up: up to $10,000 per annum. for three years.
The recipient of the scholarship (upon acceptance of the award), will be required to provide:
- A photograph for publicity and fundraising use.
- A lay summary describing the project aims, methodology, and expected outcomes for the School of Women's and Children's Health and Population Child Health Research Group to use in the funding announcement and in other promotional material.
- The project must receive human research ethics and, if applicable, site-specific research governance approval.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be required to provide annual report to the School of Women's and Children's Health detailing the progress and impact of the research.
- It will be expected that the recipient will present regularly at appropriate research meetings throughout their candidature.
How to apply
Application form can be found here. Once completed, please submit your application to Nicola Paul (email@example.com)