PhD International Scholarship in Internet Privacy and Security Analytics at Macquarie University
- 30 November 2020
The candidate will conduct high-quality research activities within the Optus Macquarie University Cyber-Security Hub, led by Prof. Dali Kaafar, to research on Cyber security and Privacy-Preserving Technologies including but not limited to:
- Internet privacy and security analytics, to automatically detect and quantify privacy violations and security threats in the Web and Mobile Apps. The candidate will exploit active and passive measurements and design pipelines to automatically detect, quantify and highlight security and privacy threats. They will use big-data approaches, automatic crawling, and machine learning as the fundamental building blocks to identify malicious activities, security vulnerabilities and leaks of private personal information.
- Machine learning security and privacy analysis, to quantify the information leakage of AI platforms, as well as the associated security risks under adversarial settings. The candidate will (i) identify privacy and security risks in Machine Learning algorithms, focusing on sensitive real-world applications such as biometric recognition, and (ii) propose novel defense approaches for trustworthy, private, and secure machine learning.
The candidate will work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, to undertake independent scientific investigations and carry out associated tasks under the guidance of senior Researchers and Academics
This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake a PhD (3-year) program.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship is comprised of the Tuition Fee Offset and a Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) Living Allowance/Stipend.
The stipend component of the scholarship is currently valued at AUD $28,092 per annum (2020 rate, tax exempt).
Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MQ HDR program or applicants who hold a Macquarie University candidature offer LESS than 6 months old must complete the Online HDR Scholarship Only Application via the Online Application System. Scholarship Only applicants will be asked to include supporting documentation, such as:
- any additional information or research output since original application and commencement
- updated CV
- offer letter and/or research student profile
- For the international main round, indicate iRTP/iMQRES under the scholarship details question
- For the domestic main round, indicate RTP/MQRES under the scholarship details question
- For a strategic or project specific scholarship, select HDR Project/Supervisor Specific Scholarship and indicate the reference number under the scholarship details section. The reference number can be found on the scholarship advertisement.
Any consumed prior enrolment will be counted as advanced standing and will reduce the maximum scholarship duration offered.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.