The specific research project is aiming at investigating the variation in human physiological capacities of selected and distinct populations such as athletes, soldiers and populations with extreme occupations by measuring a wide range of physiological measures including cardiovascular-, muscle-, motor control function and various health markers.
Responsibilities and tasks in PhD programmes
- Complete and pass the MSc education in accordance with the curriculum of the MSc programme (ONLY when you are attending the integrated MSc and PhD programme)
- Carry through an independent research project under supervision
- Complete PhD courses corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS / ½ FTE
- Participate in active research environments, including a stay at another research institution, preferably abroad
- Teaching and knowledge dissemination activities
- Write scientific papers aimed at high-impact journals
- Write and defend a PhD thesis on the basis of your project
We are looking for candidates within the field(s) of human integrative and exercise physiology. Applicants can have a background from human physiology, human biology or similar with experience in assessment the human phenotype including cardiovascular-, muscle- and motor control function as well as hormone and other health related markers.
You must have completed a degree programme, equivalent to a Danish master’s degree (180 ECTS/3 FTE BSc + 120 ECTS/2 FTE MSc) related to the subject area of the project, e.g. M.Sc. Human Physiology. For information of eligibility of completed programmes, see General assessments for specific countries and Assessment database.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD project
- Relevant publications
- Relevant work experience
- Other relevant professional activities
- Good language skills
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Employment as PhD fellow is full time and for maximum 3 years.
The terms of employment and salary are in accordance to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State (AC). The position is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.