The increasing penetration of distributive energy generation raises several challenges for the operation of power systems, including the uncertainties caused by the renewable generation and flexible demand, energy imbalance, and violation of network constraints. Improving the system's reliability through energy storage, demand response, and increasing capacity is a promising solution to overcome these challenges. This is a good opportunity to get involved with the School of Engineering, located on the Joondalup Campus of ECU. By attracting the brightest minds and fostering a truly innovative and collaborative work environment, the School aims to develop global solutions to contemporary issues. Prospective research topic includes but are not limited to prediction of dynamic behaviour of electric grid, distributive energy system planning and operational scheduling.
PhD international awards in Electrical Engineering at Edith Cowan University
- $28,600 p.a.
- 21 November 2021
- meet the PhD admission requirements at ECU: https://www.ecu.edu.au/degrees/courses/doctor-of-philosophy;
- enrol in the Doctor of Philosophy full-time at ECU;
- demonstrate strong background in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline; and
- be able to enrol by November 2021.
- a bachelor’s degree with first class honours or master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent field;
- Research experience in computer simulations, prediction, optimization, modelling and control of grid connected renewables, and interconnected power grids would be extremely beneficial.
- excellent research and scientific writing skills.
- perseverance and an independent, pro-active working style.
- the willingness to look beyond the borders of his or her own discipline.
- excellent collaboration and communication skills (written and verbally) in English.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
$28,600 per year for a maximum of 3 years (Tax-Free) depending on compliance with milestone and candidacy requirements.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an expression of interest to Dr. Asma Aziz (email@example.com). Applications will not be accepted through alternate avenues such as online job sites. Please ensure the below documents are attached to the email:
- A concise cover letter that describes your suitability for this position;
- A copy of your current curriculum vitae (CV), including a list of your published research;
- A copy of your academic transcripts;
- Evidence of English-language proficiency (only relevant for applicants whose previous studies were not in English); and
- Any relevant supporting documents of prior research.