The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) in partnership with the DAAD is currently inviting applications for the PhD in Plant Breeding programme at the University of Ghana. Successful applicants will enrol in January 2022 and will comprise the fifteenth cohort of PhD Students with a Fully Funded Scholarship.
PhD Plant Breeding Scholarship University Of Ghana 2021/22
- Fully funded tuition with other allowances.
- 17 April 2021
German Academic Exchange Service
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD, was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.All Scholarships from German Academic Exchange Service
The WACCI program is specifically for full-time, professional plant breeders who will make their careers breeding new cultivars of food crops. Prospective students must have an MSc/MPhil in Plant Breeding, Plant Genetics, Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Crop Science, Applied Entomology or Applied Nematology, or an equivalent degree.
- should have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- not more the 40 years for males and 42 females are eligible to apply
- must have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- must clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- must have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan country
- should generally be a) staff member of a a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship covers the tuition fees and provides allowances, please see the link for details.
- Complete the Online Application form the University of Ghana
- Upload all Relevant Documents including; BSc & MPhil Academic Transcript and Certificate of Completion, curriculum vitae, research proposal, recent passport size photograph
- Provide email addresses of 3 Academic Referees
- Payment of application fee. US$ 110 (Foreign Applicants) GH¢ 200 (Ghanaian Nationals)
- Submit your application B: Any application received after the deadline will not be considered. Only paid and successful applicants will be considered for the DAAD scholarship.