PhD by Research at Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia - Market Structure, Conduct and Performance
- Tuition fee, living allowance + benefits
- 17 June 2021
Information: This scholarship is funded by Universitas Padjadjaran - Indonesia
Subject Areas: Economics
Project Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Maman Setiawan, SE., MT.
Project Title: Market Structure, Conduct and Performance: Dynamic and Extended Approaches
The relation between market structure, conduct and performance (SCP) has been frequently investigated in static approach. Previous research has tried to estimate the relation between the variables simultaneously to consider the dynamic changes in the market. In spite of this, the previous research was still limited to the context of simultaneous equation model. This project extends the SCP framework by estimating the variables representing the SCP using a dynamic context. Furthermore, the measures and the relation between structure, conduct and performance will also be extended using the New Empirical Industrial Organization (NEIO). The NEIO applies an econometrics approach to estimate the conduct parameter and market power.
This research will use firm-level (establishment) dataset sourced from the manufacturing survey of the Indonesian Bureau of Central Statistics (BPS) for the period from 1990 to 2018. This research will also seek a possibility to conduct a field survey in West Java. This research uses subsectors at 5-digit level of International Standard of Industrial Classification (ISIC) level. This research applies standard variables representing the SCP with a dynamic approach. Furthermore, advanced econometrics models are applied to estimate the relationship between the dynamic SCP variables as well as the NEIO model.
This research project has objectives to find a new dynamic model in estimating the relation between SCP variables as well as measuring the conduct parameter and market power using NEIO. With respect to the validity in the practical level, the models resulted in this research will be further suggested to be tested in the implementation by stakeholders such as Indonesian Competition Authority (KPPU).
In 4 years, this research will provide minimum outputs of 4 international publications in the reputable international Journals of quartiles Q1 and Q2 in the Scopus and/or Scimago Index. The reference book and publication in international proceeding will also be an outputs of this research at the end of the third year.
- This scholarship is open to candidates of any nationality;
- Applicants should hold a minimum of Master's degree (or its equivalent) in Economics. However, any Science discipline with relevant experience will be considered.;
- Age limit: Applicants must be under 31 years old;
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or equivalent. Academic transcripts are required from every college you have attended for at least one academic year as a full-time student. Your transcripts should be uploaded as a scanned copy or PDF. Please ensure that the degree conferral date and the degree conferred is clearly visible on the document.
- English Language Requirements:
- You need to achieve the minimum scores shown for any of the English language tests below:
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Paper-Based Test): 525 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): 70 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Computer-Based Test): 190 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: 6.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Full cost of tuition fees at the Doctoral Program in Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Monthly Living allowance IDR 2.500.000 for 3 (three) years during the Doctoral Program;
- 1 (one) time return airfare ticket to and from Jakarta Indonesia (from and to the candidate's nearest international airport);
- Health insurance for 3 (three) years, during the Doctoral Program;
- There will be additional funds available for research expenses for 3 (three) years during the doctoral program.
To apply, please complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, and address the email for your application as 'Padjadjaran Doctoral Scholarship – Maman Setiawan':
- Degree certificates and transcripts;
- Two letter of recommendations. Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. These recommendations should be written by people who have supervised you in an academic, employment, or community service setting. Your recommendations should directly address your suitability for admission to a postgraduate program at Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Statement of Purpose. Your statement should be typed, single-spaced and should be between two to three pages. Describe your reasons for applying to the proposed program, your preparation for this field of study, and explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience, and how you choose to develop the project, which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your motivation for postgraduate study.
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English; and
- Other supporting documents.
If you require any further information with regard to this, please contact email@example.com
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.