Ph.D. by Research at Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia: Comprehensive Mapping of Food Security
- Tuition fee, living allowance + benefits
- 17 June 2021
Information: This scholarship is funded by Universitas Padjadjaran - Indonesia
Subject Areas: Agriculture Engineering
Project Title: Comprehensive Mapping of Food Security in Accordance with Regional Conditions, Measuring Indicators and Dynamic Computer-based Measuring Instruments
Project Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Ir. H. Roni Kastaman, MSIE
In supporting sustainable agricultural development planning in Indonesia, a good and integrated food security system is needed. One of the ways to do this is through a comprehensive mapping of food security in accordance with regional conditions, measuring indicators and dynamic computer-based measuring instruments. In this regard, research is needed to determine criteria and an adequate information system specific to regions in Indonesia in the next 4 years. So that there will be computer-based systems and criteria that are effective and efficient in solving food security in Indonesia.
- This scholarship is open to candidates of any nationality;
- Applicants should hold a minimum of Master's degree (or its equivalent) in Agriculture Engineering. However, other related discipline with relevant experience will be considered.;
- Age limit: Applicants must be under 31 years old;
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or equivalent. Academic transcripts are required from every college you have attended for at least one academic year as a full-time student. Your transcripts should be uploaded as a scanned copy or PDF. Please ensure that the degree conferral date and the degree conferred is clearly visible on the document.
- English Language Requirements:
- You need to achieve the minimum scores shown for any of the English language tests below:
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Paper-Based Test): 525 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): 70 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International TOEFL (Computer-Based Test): 190 OR;
- Minimum overall score for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: 6.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
1. Full cost of tuition fees at the Doctoral Program in Universitas Padjadjaran;
2. Monthly Living allowance IDR 2.500.000 for 3 (three) years during the Doctoral Program;
3. 1 (one) time return airfare ticket to and from Jakarta Indonesia (from and to the candidate's nearest international airport);
4. Health insurance for 3 (three) years, during the Doctoral Program;
5. There will be additional funds available for research expenses for 3 (three) years during the doctoral program.
To apply, please complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com, and address the email for your application as 'Padjadjaran Doctoral Scholarship – Roni Kastaman':
- Degree certificates and transcripts;
- Two letter of recommendations. Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. These recommendations should be written by people who have supervised you in an academic, employment, or community service setting. Your recommendations should directly address your suitability for admission to a postgraduate program at Universitas Padjadjaran;
- Statement of Purpose. Your statement should be typed, single-spaced and should be between two to three pages. Describe your reasons for applying to the proposed program, your preparation for this field of study, and explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience, and how you choose to develop the project, which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your motivation for postgraduate study.
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English; and
- Other supporting documents.
If you require any further information with regard to this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.