The Partner Scholarship extends our support for students from local schools and colleges by rewarding those who will make the most positive contribution to the University community.
When selecting students to nominate for a Partner Scholarship, school and college staff will use the following criteria. Successful students must demonstrate in their application that they:
- have an interest in studying programmes offered by the University of Kent (i.e. the partner scholarship should not be the determining factor in choosing to study at the University of Kent)
- ideally have visited the University and/or engaged in preparatory activity offered by the University (to ensure that they have some broad awareness of what to expect as a student at Kent)
- have applied to the University through the UCAS school or college centre
- have made a sustained contribution to their school/college and/or their local community. (It is not a condition of the partner scholarship that, as undergraduates, students will return to their former schools. However it would be advantageous if students progressing into HE were inclined to be involved in such work)
- are well motivated and engaged with learning
- are reflective in their learning
- have a good attendance record.
Applicants must also make a firm acceptance of an offer made to them by the University before 14 July in the year of entry. Students who have been notified that they will receive a Partner Scholarship must register with the University of Kent within four weeks of the start of that academic year in order to receive the award.
The scholarship is worth £1,000 for each year of study and will be renewed on an annual basis, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.