Ospreys Rugby MA Scholarship at Swansea: Match Day Student Event Experience Co-Ordinator
- 20 August 2019
Communication, Media Practice and PR: Ospreys Rugby Postgraduate Scholarship: Match Day Student Event Experience Co-Ordinator
This scholarship is funded by the Ospreys Rugby.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an MA in Communication, Media Practice and PR student to gain work experience with one of the UK’s leading sports club brands, Ospreys Rugby. The successful applicant will be required to do a work placement with the Ospreys Commercial Marketing team at the Liberty Stadium, Swansea, with some additional meetings taking place at the Osprey’s training facility in Llandarcy, Swansea. The scholarship is worth £1,500 and the successful applicant will:
- Undertake a work placement for one day a week working within the Ospreys Commercial Marketing Team or independently for the duration of the MA course.
- Participate in Ospreys Commercial Marketing team meetings.
- Help to co-ordinate and promote hospitality opportunities for Swansea University relating to the sponsorship.
- Help identify and negotiate deals to support / improve the match-day experience
- Manage a team of student volunteers during specific student match day activities
- Attend match day events to take part in and manage promotional activities
There is a significant opportunity to link this scholarship and placement to the final MA project / dissertation which will be undertaken from June to September.
Applicants for the MA Communications, Media Practice and PR should have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (arts and humanities, business and management) achieving an average of 55% or above.
Applicants for this scholarship should also have a demonstrable interest in professional sport and/or rugby.
Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK/EU students only.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship is worth £1,500.
The successful applicant will have access to a £500 marketing budget to support the project work undertaken at the Ospreys.
Please visit our website for more information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.