Oscar Romero Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- Up to €1,000
- 10 June 2021
Using funds from the Oscar Romero Foundation, the International Office awards scholarships of up to €1,000 each for international students and doctoral candidates of the University of Oldenburg who find themselves in financial difficulties.
Alumni Universität OldenburgAll Scholarships from Alumni Universität Oldenburg
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act - AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
All international students and doctoral candidates of the University of Oldenburg who find themselves in financial difficulties are eligible to apply.
- Academic achievement. Proven by grades/grade average (students) or short reference letter of supervisor (doctoral candidates)
- Financial need (letter of recommendation or proof, e.g. loss of job due to corona crisis)
- Expected to graduate in the next two years (short reference letter, transcript)
- Personal situation (letter of motivation)
- Reference letter
- Pro-bono work is a plus
Financial need is a prerequisite; voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Up to €1,000 can be awarded. The scholarship is paid up to two instalments of up to €500 each.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than €450 before taxes per month, his or her scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference as per DAAD requirements.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.