The Onshore Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing students to study at the University of Newcastle. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognises applicants with a strong academic background and incentives them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Onshore Excellence Scholarships for International Students in Australia
- Bachelor, Master
- Be an Onshore student currently located in Australia.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Not be enrolling in an excluded quota program (see selection details).
- An offshore recent graduate of the University of Newcastle who has completed all program(s) of study listed in a prior letter of offer may also meet eligibility requirements..
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scholarship will provide AU$10,000 for each year of study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression or wellbeing grounds).
This equates to AU$1250 per 10-units of study. This will be administered for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction against the amount of credits initially issued in your letter of offer.
Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.