The Onshore Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing students to study at the University of Newcastle. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognises applicants with a strong academic background and incentives them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Onshore Excellence Scholarship
- Master, Bachelor, Phd
- 31 December 2021
- Be an Onshore student currently located in Australia.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Not be enrolling in an excluded quota program (see selection details).
- An offshore recent graduate of the University of Newcastle who has completed all program(s) of study listed in a prior letter of offer may also meet eligibility requirements..
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The advertised value and number of scholarships available are indicative only. Scholarship value will vary depending on the period of eligible full time study.
The scholarship will provide AU$10,000 for each year of study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression or wellbeing grounds).
This equates to AU$1250 per 10-units of study. This will be administered for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction against the amount of credits initially issued in your letter of offer.
Please review the Terms and Conditions for more information.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the University (where eligibility criteria is met) and students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their offer.
Should a recipient wish to reject this offer of scholarship, it is their responsibility to inform the International Admissions team of the University. The scholarship is otherwise considered accepted at time of offer.
Students who do not receive an offer of the scholarship will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship will also not be eligible.
Quota programs excluded from this scholarship are:
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Podiatry.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA.