One Year Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians to Study in UK Universities, 2017
- 31 January 2017
Applications are invited for Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes to pursue MSc degree programme at Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds for the academic year 2017 -2018. Nigerian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
For the academic year commencing September 2017, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London, University College, London and the University of Leeds—will award ten scholarships for one-year post-graduate MSc studies.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2017 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2017
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently, reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2018
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the qualifying courses
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.