NUS-Stanford Fellowships for International Students, 2017-2018
- 1 March 2017
Applications are invited for Lee Kong Chian NUS-Stanford Fellowships for the academic year 2017-2018. These fellowships are available for internationals students to conduct research at National University of Singapore (NUS) and Stanford University (Stanford).
The Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies is a university-wide research and education institution at Stanford devoted to understanding the problems, policies, and processes that cross international borders and affect lives around the world.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Interested individuals with backgrounds or positions in the social sciences or humanities are encouraged to apply.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Fellowships will normally begin and end within the period from 1 June 2017 to 31 August 2018. Each fellowship will cover one roundtrip economy-class airfare from the fellow’s country of residence to NUS (or Stanford), continuing on to Stanford (or NUS), and returning from Stanford (or NUS) to the fellow’s country of residence, and will include a stipend of US$ 7500 per month during the fellowship period.
Applicants should submit the following six (6) items:
- A project statement (not exceeding three pages) that addresses the candidate’s research project’s central analytic question(s), explains its intellectual contribution to scholarship on Southeast Asia and describes the writing and research envisaged during the fellowship. The statement should also clearly state the specific research outcomes envisaged.
- A detailed schedule of the proposed fellowship period including dates of anticipated residence at NUS and at Stanford.
- A sample of published, English-language work by the candidate that is directly or indirectly related to the research project.
- The candidate’s full curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- Full contact information, including email addresses, for three (3) academic referees who should be able, if asked, to evaluate the proposal and the candidate.
- Full contact information for the applicant including an email address.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.