This is a partnership between the Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science (Global ATGS) of the National Taiwan University (NTU) and SEARCA. The joint scholarship program aims to cultivate agricultural professional talents, encourage academic excellence, and promote research and development of agriculture within Southeast Asia.
The scholarship is open to nationals of the regular member countries of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO), namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam who are interested in enrolling to the Master Program in Global ATGS of NTU. The scholarship award duration is two years.
2021 First Round of Application: online application deadline is 20 November 2020
2021 Second Round of Application: online application deadline is 5 February 2021
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- Tuition and other school fees;
- Travel allowance to cover international airfare;
- Book and supplies allowance;
- Health insurance; and
- Living allowance for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
Applicants must fill out online the NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Application Form and upload a copy of all required documents.
The required documents to be submitted should be in English:
- Original or certified true copy of Bachelor of Science (BS) transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University. An explanation of the university's grading system must accompany the transcript of academic records.
- Original or certified true copy of BS diploma
- Certificate of employment (if employed)
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for his/her thesis. Planned research must be aligned with SEARCA's overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN). Moreover, priority research topics must fall within the ATTAIN priority areas:
- Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
- Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD)
- Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
- Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
- EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD
- Two copies of passport-size photo of the applicant
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies