NTNU Postdoctoral Fellowship within Mining Streaming Data in Norway, 2017
- 11 December 2016
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is offering postdoctoral fellowship within Mining Streaming Data. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering want to attract outstanding and creative candidates who can contribute to our on-going research activities. We believe that diversity is important to achieve a good, inclusive working environment. University encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of the gender, disability or cultural background.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
University primarily seeks candidates who have a PhD in ICT or equivalent, with specialisation related to the above-mentioned areas.
Besides personal qualities and the ability to work in a team, we will prioritise candidates based on the following criteria:
- Strong publication record, with publications in top-level conferences and journals
- Solid experience with programming, including scalable implementations of data-intensive systems
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to work independently and in team
Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must provide evidence of good English language skills, written and spoken. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The position is in code 1352 Postdoctoral, salary grade range from minimum 57in the Norwegian State salary scale, gross NOK 488,900 per year, depending on qualifications. A deduction of 2% is made as a statutory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. Starting salary expected to be at level 57.
The application must contain:
- A cover letter including an explanation of how your research interests and background would fit the position
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates
- A Statement of Purpose (including a short presentation of the motivation for doing research within the areas of the project, and how the applicant sees his/her background suitable, and the applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the position and one of the topics listed above, and how the competence of the applicant can contribute to solving these challenges) (2 pages)
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account should clearly state the applicant’s contribution. A short summary should be attached outlining the applicant’s input to joint work.
- Names and contact information of at least two references
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.