NTHU International Student Scholarships in Taiwan
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- Up to NTD 40,000 per month + tuition fees
- 15 March 2021
The purposes of the Office of Global Affairs (OGA) are to foster an environment of multi-cultural learning, to promote respect among members of the global village, and to forge a broader sense of understanding within the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) community of the differences among diverse peoples. The OGA also acts as the liaison office between NTHU and international students and scholars. Our mission is to help internationalize NTHU so that students are trained to serve their own society as well as the international community.
National Tsing Hua UniversityAll Scholarships from National Tsing Hua University
1. All individuals of foreign nationality, who never had a R.O.C. citizenship and do not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are qualified to apply for admission to National Tsing Hua University as an international student.
2. The following two exceptions are made for individuals who have lived overseas continuously for more than six years. The six year period shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester for which the applicant is applying (Feb.1st for spring semester or Aug.1st for fall semester). “Overseas” refers to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau; the term “continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
(a) An individual who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not currently hold and has never held a household registration in Taiwan.
(b) An individual who, at the time of application, has had their R.O.C. citizenship annulled by the Ministry of the Interior for no less than 8 years.
Individuals applying under the terms of these two exceptions must have not studied in Taiwan under the status of an Overseas Chinese Students, nor received placement permission through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
- Applicants, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong, Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years, are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Doctoral students: NTD 20,000~40,000 per month.
For GPA and annual renewal requirements, please see "How to apply"(Available to new students who apply for
admission in Spring 2021 or after.)
- Master students: NTD 5,000 per month or
NTD 60,000 per year
- Bachelor students: NTD 5,000 per month or NTD
60,000 per year
- Tuition and Credit fee waived
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.