North American Van Lines 2020 Logistics Scholarship Competition
- $1000 for 3 students
- 15 December 2020
North American Van Lines, one of the leading moving companies in the United States, is committed to supporting the community as well as the growth and development of the moving services and logistics industries. We believe education is the best way to ensure our industry has qualified professionals for years to come.
Because of this belief, we are proud to announce our first annual Logistics Scholarship contest. Three lucky qualified entrants will each win a $1,000 scholarship towards their degree in logistics or supply chain management at the college or university of their choice.
North American Van Lines
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full time student of an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of an undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of North American Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if you:
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board, Travel, Research,Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Total award - $3,000; Number of awards given – 3.
- Maximum award - $1,000 per winner.
- Award amount will be made out to your school in the form of a check, and mailed to your personal address.
Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you!
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some verification of enrollment at your college.
- Your Essay.
Please complete all of the information on the form, along with all attachments requested. All Applications that are incomplete will be disqualified. See content rules for complete details and requirements. All applications must be complete and submitted by the deadline 12/15/2020.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.