Non-Resident Fellowship Program for Middle Eastern Countries
- Deadline: April 14, 2017
TIMEP non-resident fellows contribute to TIMEP’s mission to inform international policymakers and influence global policy discussions on developments happening in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy (TIMEP), a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization, is dedicated to understanding and supporting Middle Eastern countries undergoing democratic transitions and committed to informing U.S. and international policymakers and the public of developments in these countries.
- At least five years of relevant work or academic experience in a field related to the proposed are of study.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with preference given to those who have graduate research experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to TIMEP’s mission and principles.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The fellowship term will consist of a period of six months, with review of the terms of agreement at the conclusion of the six-month period. The position is a non-resident position, with preference for a fellow with local presence in the region; TIMEP will facilitate a one-week site visit to TIMEP’s Washington, DC, offices. The fellow will receive a stipend commensurate with experience.
All application materials should be submitted in English. References may be requested upon review of materials. To apply, candidates should submit the following to fellowships-at-timep.org:
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter: The cover letter should indicate the candidate’s desired area of focus and relevance to TIMEP’s mission.
- Plan of work: The plan of work should consist of no more than two pages, indicating a general description of research, advocacy, or action initiatives with specific outputs to be developed over a six-month period. These may include desired meetings to be held, field research, reports, analysis pieces, events or workshops to be organized or attended, or other relevant proposals
- Writing Sample
- Application Form
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.