All incoming international students who are freshman (20 semester/30 quarter hours or less of transfer credit) and are starting their university coursework in NLU’s Undergraduate College for the first time on-campus in Chicago or Wheeling will be automatically awarded the NLU International Fresh Start Scholarship.
NLU International Fresh Start Scholarship
- 44% tuition fee
- 31 December 2022
- Available to international students on an F1 student visa
- Must be a First Time Freshman (completed less than 20 semester hours/30 quarter hours of prior university level coursework)
- Must be pursuing a program offered in NLU’s Undergraduate College
- Must be a new NLU student starting your NLU coursework On-Campus at the Chicago or Wheeling campus
- Students are only eligible to receive one NLU resource per academic year
- NLU scholarships can only be used to cover tuition costs and are not refundable to the student
- Students must maintain full-time status (14+ credits/term) and continuous enrollment (Summer optional)
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Students must adhere to all university policies and maintain their F1 status in order to remain eligible to receive NLU scholarships
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The NLU International Fresh Start Scholarship is renewable each term of study and reduces tuition by 44%. Current per credit hour rate for UGC programs of study is $430/per quarter credit hour and the NLU International Fresh Start Scholarship will reduce tuition for eligible students to $239/per quarter credit hour. The IFSS brings the annual cost of tuition (3 quarters of study per year) to $10,755 per year.
- Apply for admission using NLU’s online application at www.nl.edu/applyonline
- This scholarship will be automatically applied to students’ accounts upon acceptance into their program, meeting the requirements as a First Time Freshman, and registration for On-Campus classes in Chicago or Wheeling.