New Europe College Fellowship for Young Researchers in Romania, 2017-2018
- 16 January 2017
Applications are invited for Gerda Henkel Fellowship from young researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities and social sciences. Fellowships are open to applicants from following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China (only Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
NEC provides an attractive meeting and working place for scholars from all around the world who wish to pursue a meaningful project of their own while also meeting with peers from other disciplines.
New Europe College (NEC) is an independent Romanian institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences founded in 1994 by Professor Andrei Ple?u (philosopher, art historian, writer, Romanian Minister of Culture, 1990–1991, Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, 1997-1999) within the framework of the New Europe Foundation, established in 1994 as a private foundation subject to Romanian law.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Hold a PhD title in the fields of the historical humanities mentioned above;
- Be a citizen of one of the above-mentioned countries.
International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
Preference will be given to candidates below the age of 45, and to those who have not yet benefited from a Fellowship at NEC.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 750 € (tax-free) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Bucharest;
- Accommodation in Bucharest, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the NEC library and electronic resources/databases;
- Travel from the home country to Bucharest and back, visa and insurance costs (up to 1000 €);
- Research field trip abroad during the fellowship period – up to 1,500 € (a one-time allowance);
- Research expenses (100 € / month).
Candidates are welcome to apply with projects on topics of their choice for:
- One academic year: October 2017 – July 2018 (10 months);
- One term: October 2017 – February 2018 / March – July 2018 (5 months).
Applications will be submitted in electronic format only, to the address: applications-at-nec.ro
Candidates are asked to enter in the Subject field of their e-mail message “Gerda Henkel Fellowship”.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.