National Science Scholarship (MBBS-PhD) in Singapore, 2017
- Master, Phd
- 31 March 2017
Agency for Science, Technology and Research is offering National Science Scholarship for (MBBS-PhD) programme. Singaporeans citizens can apply for these scholarships.
This scholarship aims to groom students, who are aspiring to be clinician-scientists, to be Singapore’s next generation of leaders in translational medicine.
A*STAR is Singapore’s lead public sector agency that spearheads economic oriented research to advance scientific discovery and develop innovative technology. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit society.
Applicants require GRE scores of 322 (verbal and quantitative reasoning) and 4.5 (analytical writing).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates with a strong interest in pursuing a career as clinician-scientists
- Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Male applicants are required to serve National Service prior to commencement of undergraduate studies
- Excellent results for GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 units), International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School diploma or equivalent
- Candidates are encouraged to sit for the SAT tests to broaden their choices of institutions for their undergraduate education. Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate scholarships awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications
- Candidates must have obtained an offer from a UK medical school offering the intercalated MBBS-PhD programme
- Candidates must also apply for and gain admission into the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM) or Nanyang Technological University Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCSoM)
- Outstanding final year medical students or MBBS graduates from the YLLSoM or LKCSoM who demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a clinician scientist career are also welcome to apply for PhD support
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science-related projects and activitiesThe above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies.These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to nine years of academic pursuit, leading to MBBS and PhD degrees. Successful candidates from NUS YLLSoM or LKCSoM will be given support for their PhD studies only for up to five years.
Scholarship support comprises*:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Annual return airfare
Additional allowances are available in the PhD phase of scholarship
_*_All allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR
The mode of application is online.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.