The Nanyang Scholarship (CN Yang Scholars Programme) is awarded to outstanding freshmen in science and engineering fields. The CNYSP nurtures future leaders at the interface of science and engineering, with a focus on technological innovation and scientific communication. Empowered by a strong science and engineering training, the programme curates multidisciplinary courses in mathematics, research, making-and-tinkering, internship and global learning to prepare students to lead in the next phase of technological evolution. Scholars will embark on this unique journey which truly embrace the spirits of innovation, persistence and social capital, allowing them to make impact in a diverse range of careers they wish to embrace in the future.
Nanyang Scholarship (CN Yang Scholars Programme)
• Open to all nationalities. • Successful awardees should be on the CN Yang Scholars Programme. • Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications. • Excellent co-curricular records. • Strong leadership qualities and potential.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
• Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
• Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
• Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year.
(Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
• Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas programme subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
• Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off). • The CN Yang Scholars Programme offers: o Guaranteed four years of stay in NTU halls of residence o Guaranteed overseas exchange for one semester o Guaranteed overseas final year research project with coverage for airfare, accommodation, meals, insurance and visa fees o Opportunities for research attachment from year one onwards and to attend an international conference with subsidy • No bond is attached to the Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
The same application period for admissions applies. Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for scholarship.
- The scholarship application form can be found at the link 'Apply for Scholarship' at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form: o upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image). o submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.