- Master, Phd
- Max. 15,000 euros
- 30 March 2019
The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship is named in honour of the founder of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation. It is intended for Arab students who have been accepted into a Masters or Ph.D programme in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Masters or Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their program will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Moreover, the MSR scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Applications for the 2019/2020 academic year are open from 1 January 2019- 30 March 2019. A final decision will be shared with selected applicants by the end of April 2019.
Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- Maximum of 15,000 euros for tuition fee costs
- A mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport plus an additional current passport photo in colour;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation)
- Appropriately signed references from two academic referees;
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands;
- An official course description of the programme offered by the Host University
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 15,000 for the academic year.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form
Please send all of the documents listed above no later than March 30, 2019 to email@example.com
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.