Mon Sheong Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2020
- $1000 per year, for a maximum of 4 years
- 5 July 2020
Founded in Toronto in 1964 as a charitable organization to promote Chinese culture and heritage through caring for the elderly and nurturing the young, Mon Sheong Foundation provides programs and services to the elderly and to the young in response to the needs of Canada’s culturally diverse communities.
Created to commemorate our 50th anniversary, the Mon Sheong Golden Jubilee Scholarship is presented annually to students who demonstrate well-rounded excellence and desire to make real change-whether in their communities or around the world. The award recognizes outstanding achievement, commendable contributions, and the strength of personal character. We are proud to celebrate and support exemplary students by empowering them to reach their full potential.
This year, Mon Sheong is selecting 2 recipients for the Golden Jubilee Scholarship. Each recipient will receive $1,000 per year for the duration of their studies, up to a maximum of 4 years (subject to renewal requirements).
Mon Sheong Foundation
The award is open to all students who are:
- Graduating from a Canadian high school or CEGEP with a minimum average of 80% among their top 6 grade 12 or CEGEP marks;
- Enrolled full-time in a degree or diploma program at a publicly funded Canadian university or college beginning Fall 2020; and
- Aspiring to have an even greater impact through their education and experience.
To be eligible for the award, at least one of the applicant’s high school or post-secondary institution must be in Ontario. All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Each recipient will receive $1,000 per year for the duration of their studies, up to a maximum of 4 years (subject to renewal requirements).
Applications will be submitted online. A completed application will include the online application form and a PDF attachment:
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Voluntary Community Involvement
- This may include any volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, and leadership roles. As a charitable organization, we particularly value the impact of volunteerism and are interested in how you have taken the initiative to create change.
- Voluntary involvement will be reviewed based on the number of hours and the quality of participation.
- Short Essay
- In no more than 500 words, answer: How would you like to make a difference? What motivates you to create this change? And how do you plan on making this happen?
- This is where you can show us your individuality. We want to hear your story and what you have to offer. You will be evaluated based on your passion and persuasiveness, ability to communicate, and aspirations to make a difference.
- Relevant Report Cards
- This includes all final report cards with information about your top 6 grade 12 or CEGEP courses.
- Reference Letter
- Please enclose a reference letter (maximum of 2 pages) from someone who would be able to describe your attributes as a scholar, leader, and contributor to the community.
- Applicant’s Declaration and Signature
- Complete the Applicant’s Declaration and Signature page included in the information package.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.