MOE Taiwan Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
- Bachelor, Master
- 31 March 2017
Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan) is inviting applications for Taiwan Scholarship Program. These scholarships encourage outstanding international students (excluding students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau SAR) to undertake degree studies in Taiwan.
The Ministry of Education’s key role is to communicate policies and provide a platform bringing together resources: integrating and putting to use various resources from all different sectors, and presenting forward-looking extremely practical government policies that will bring about noticeable positive changes in education.
Applicants require TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or they must pass university’s entrance examination.
Applicant must be a United States Citizen and a resident or a student of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont with a high-school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
Applicants are ineligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Republic of China (Taiwan) Nationals or overseas Chinese students (previously/currently hold a Republic of China (Taiwan) passport).
- Currently registered or have obtained student status at any university/college in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule.
- Previously studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
- Are exchange or dual/joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements between Taiwan universities/colleges and American universities/colleges.
- Previously a recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship for over a total of five years.
- Previously had their Taiwan Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
- Current recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by Taiwan government agencies or colleges and universities in Taiwan. This excludes subsidies offered by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding the scholarship limit.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- The Taiwan Scholarship Program awards outstanding international students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Taiwan by awarding each recipient as follows:
- Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fees. Upon validation of tuition and above fees, each recipient receives one tuition grant per semester up to NT $40,000. If the total amount of the fees should exceed NT $40,000, the remainder of all costs shall be covered by the recipient, whereas any amount over NT $40,000 is the sole responsibility of the recipient. Tuition and academic fees do not include any of the following: administration fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodations, or Internet access, all of which are payable by the recipients.
- Subsistence allowance: The scholarship grants each recipient undertaking undergraduate studies a monthly stipend of NT $15,000; it offers each recipient undertaking postgraduate studies a monthly stipend of NT $20,000.
Number of Scholarships: 4 scholarships will be awarded.
Applicant must send all completed documents to the Education Division, TECOBoston by post mail before deadline. (Must be postmarked by deadline.) Failure to include any of the required documents renders the application incomplete, and the applicant will not be considered for the scholarship without further notice.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.