MMU Vice-Chancellor PhD Scholarship for UK, EU and International Students in UK, 2017
- Deadline: January 31, 2017
Applications are invited for MMU Vice-Chancellor Scholarship to pursue PhD research project at the Manchester Metropolitan University. The Scholarship is open to UK, EU and international students.
The aim of the MMU Vice-Chancellor PhD Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Manchester Metropolitan University was awarded university status in 1992 and is part of the largest higher education campus in the UK and one of the most extensive education centres in Europe.
Candidates who do not hold a Master’s degree may start on the MPhil/PhD and apply to transfer to the PhD after 12 months of full-time study (24 months part time).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Applicants must have:
- A high upper second or first class undergraduate degree in an Arts/Humanities discipline and they should have or be completing Masters level study in any one of the following fields: literary, film or media studies, critical and cultural theory, philosophy, medical humanities, medical anthropology or sociology of culture.
Applicants require the following skills:
- High level skills in the stylistic/critical analysis of narrative fiction, literary genres, language and literary/ narrative discourse.
- The ability to engage confidently with theoretical and scientific/medical literature, including current philosophical and bioethical debates around personhood and regenerative medicine.
- The ability to develop and conduct an independent research project
- Experience of transdisciplinary research and/or work at the interface of the arts/humanities and science/medicine is desirable.
The project start date is expected to be September 2017.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
Application Form should be emailed to pgradmissions-at-mmu.ac.uk.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.