Minerva Scholarship Fund for International Students at Leiden University
- Bachelor, Master
- 15 September 2020
Since 2009, the Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation (MSF) has provided Leiden University students of all disciplines with scholarships for study and research projects. The MSF also strives to support exceptional student projects overseas.
- You are registered as a Bachelor or Master student at Leiden University.
- You do not need to be a member of L.S.V. Minerva.
- The application pertains to an exceptional or prestigious study or research project in the Netherlands or abroad.
- The project falls into one of the following categories: internship, study or research. PhD tracks and complete Master programmes are not eligible.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- Between €900 and €2000
- The following expenses can be subsidised: research costs; international travel and living costs.
- Download an application form from our website.
- Complete the form.
- Check you have all the required documents.
- Submit your completed application dossier to the address provided, before the deadline.
Note: There are two MSF application rounds per year. The deadlines for these are 15 April and 15 December.
- The allocation committee (consisting of Leiden lecturers from various disciples) will evaluate all applications on the basis of predetermined criteria. During the evaluation process, attention is given to the relevance of the research and how it will contribute to the advancement of academic knowledge.
- You will be informed (max.) one month after the application deadline whether you have been awarded a scholarship.
It is not possible to appeal against scholarship decisions.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.