Mathematics: Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarships at Swansea University
- Full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend
- 31 August 2020
There are two PhD scholarships available.
The Department of Mathematics of Swansea University invites applications for PhD study in Mathematics.
We carry out internationally leading research in the following fields:
- Algebra, Geometry and Topology
- Computational Mathematics
- Partial Differential Equations
- Stochastic Analysis and (Noncommutative) Probability
Detailed information about our research directions can be found at the Research and Impact webpage of the Department of Mathematics. Applicants should demonstrate interest in one or more of the above research fields.
The Departments of Mathematics is part of the Computational Foundry, a world-class centre for computational research, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through Welsh Government. The brand-new building of the Computational Foundry provides an ideal environment for doing a PhD.
Candidates must have a first, upper second-class honours or a Master's degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline.
For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.0 (with 5.5 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
Studentships funded by EPSRC are subject to UK/EU residency eligibility. Normally, this means to be eligible for a full award (fees plus stipend) you must:
- Have been ordinarily resident in the UK, meaning there are no restrictions on how long you can stay, and;
- Have been 'ordinarily resident' in the UK for at least three years prior to the start of the Studentship grant, and;
- Have not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. (This does not apply to UK nationals and EU nationals who were ordinarily resident in the EU immediately before the period of full-time education).
For this particular EPSRC opportunity, we are also able to consider your application if you are an EU national who does not meet the residential eligibility criteria outlined above; this is possible through EPSRC’s flexibility regarding `open eligibility’.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
This scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285.
Please visit our website for more information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.