Mathematical Analysis International PhD Scholarship at University of Newcastle
- $28,092 per annum
- 31 March 2020
You will work as part of a team led by Associate Professor Jeff Hogan and Laureate Professor Kevin Galvin as part of the ARC 2020 Discovery Project “Enhanced fractionation of mineral particles according to density". This is cross-disciplinary research involving the application of advanced mathematical techniques to a problem in particle separations, relevant to the resources industry.
The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Have an excellent academic record in Honours in mathematics or a related discipline. Candidates with Masters by Research or Masters by Coursework degree are preferred.
- Have a strong mathematical background.
- Meet The University of Newcastle's entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy, including English language requirements.
- Be willing to apply for internal and external travel grants and other available research support funding.
- Be willing to work in both theoretical and laboratory environments, reflecting the cross-disciplinary nature of the research.
- Be willing to travel to local and international research meetings.
Expertise in one or more of the areas of Harmonic Analysis, Optimisation, Numerical Analysis or Signal Processing is desirable. Programming skills in MATLAB or Python are desirable. Women and applicants from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
$28,092 per annum (2020 rate) indexed annually. For a PhD candidate, the living allowance scholarship is for 3.5 years and the tuition fee scholarship is for four years. Scholarships also include up to $1,500 relocation allowance and Overseas Student Health Cover at single rate, for an international candidate.
Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest along with scanned copies of their academic transcripts, CV, a brief statement of their research interests and a proposal that specifically links them to the research project.
Please send the email expressing interest to us (please find the contact details on our website) before 5 pm on 31 March 2020.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.