Masters Scholarships in Software Engineering for International Students, 2017-2019
- 5 January 2017
EMSE Consortium offers scholarships to pursue MSc degree programme in the field of Software Engineering for the 2017/2019 academic year. This scholarship will cover each annual participation costs and leave to the awarded student a subsistence allowance of 15.500,00 €.
The European Masters Programme in Software Engineering (EMSE) is a joint MSc programme taught in English, coordinated by the faculties of Computer Science of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany, University of Oulu, Finland, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain.
EMSE’s vision is to be the most knowledgeable 2-year 120 ECTS MSc program in Europe that awards a degree in Software Engineering and preparing world-class students for both a research and a professional career in Software Engineering.
All courses are taught in English. Students are requested to acquire language skills in the local language (e.g., by passing an exam) of each University they will attend on the first and on the second year.
In order to be admitted, applicants must fulfill the following requirements
- Meet the application deadline;
- Indicate the preferred mobility track;
- Have excellent academic background: candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their curriculum vitae, academic grades, professional experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Have been awarded a BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or degrees with equivalent skills in the three areas (Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering) by an internationally recognized university-level institution. Applicants who have not completed their first level degree yet, but are expected to graduate before July 31st, 2017, are allowed to apply to the current call for application. However, if selected, to be admitted to the Programme, they will have to provide a copy of the first-level degree certificate before July 31st, 2017.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
EMSE Consortium offers for the edition 2017/2019 an EMSE scholarship of the amount of 24.000,00 € for PrC candidates and for the following path: First year UKL and second year OY. This scholarship will cover each annual participation costs and leave to the awarded student a subsistence allowance of 15.500,00 €.The participation costs cover: European insurance cost, social taxes, cost for one local language course per year and university services according to the local regulations of each university visited (e.g., access to library, computer laboratories, Wi-Fi, Internet, alumni associations, university sport associations).
Applicants apply on-line via the EMSE submission tool. Students must provide the following documents in electronic form
- A copy/photocopy of English proficiency certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae (European format)
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport). Only pages with a photo and personal data.
- Proof of place of residence (e.g., residence certificate, or a certificate from your place of work, study or training))
- Certified (translated in English) copy of university diploma
- Certified (translated in English) copy of transcript of study results (subjects taken during their degrees, along with the marks obtained and the number of hours/credits devoted to each subject)
- Recommendation letter(s) and references
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.