Masters Scholarships for Spanish Students to Study in USA, 2017-2018
- Deadline: February 17, 2017
Iberdrola Foundation and AVANGRID Foundation are offering scholarships for Spanish students. These scholarships are awarded to study energy and environment postgraduate programs in the United States, for the academic year 2017-2018.
The program gives Spanish graduates the chance to specialize at top US academic centres in Energy and the Environment.
Iberdrola wishes to reinforce its contribution to improving the quality of life of the people in territories and countries in which it operates.
In order to undertake a programme of study here at the University, you will need to demonstrate that a suitable level of English proficiency: TOEFL and IELTS.
- The scholarships from Iberdrola Foundation are intended for students of Spanish nationality.
- Applicants must be in possession of a bachelor or master’s degree from a recognised university
- on submission of the application. If the applicant is still in the final year of the academic course 2016-2017, the grant will be contingent upon whether the applicant secures the university degree at the end of the academic cycle in June/July 2017 with the same average grades or greater than the grades at the time of the call for applications.
- Applicants must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the university they wish to attend.
- Applications submitted by students who have not applied for enrollment at the university will be rejected during the selection process.
- Applicants may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any scholarship, financial aid or another award of a similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
- Only applications claiming bachelor or Master’s degree will be accepted
- Applications presented by candidates with a grade point average (GPA) during the pursuit of the degree lower than 7.0 on scale 10 will be rejected.
- A certificate of language proficiency for all the languages specified in the form.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The scholarship will cover the following:
- Enrollment at the university in the United States.
- 000€ a year to cover per diem and material expenses. This amount will be paid out in 2.000 € monthly instalments.
- Illness and accident insurance.
- For students that need to fly round-trip across the Atlantic, the Foundation will provide a travel grant of 1.500 euros.
Those interested should complete the on-line registration form. To be eligible for the Scholarship, the interested party must fill in and send the electronic application including the following documentation which should be named with the number of document followed by the surname of the applicant:
- Document 1. Photocopy of the national identity card or passport.
- Document 2. Currículum vitae, with a recent photo of the applicant.
- Document 3. If university studies have been completed, a photocopy of the certificate or a receipt proving that the certificate has been requested, as well as a photocopy of other qualifications obtained by the applicant.
- Document 4. For those students who hold a university degree, a photocopy of the certificates for university studies completed, detailing all the subjects and grades obtained each year. Final year students may submit an official listing of the subjects studied and the grades obtained so far. If the applicant has studied in a first or second cycle for another degree, both certificates should be submitted.
- Document 5. Two original reference letters from university professors or other relevant people who have maintained academic contact with the applicant. In those cases where the applicant has been employed for several years, one of the reference letters may be from his/her, immediate supervisor.
- Document 6. A certificate for all the languages specified in the form.
- Document 7. Contractor employment record accounting for the applicant’s professional experience, if any.
- Document 8. Certificate accrediting the awards and grants specified in the form. Only will be considered awards and grants from the beginning of college.
- Document 9. Certification accrediting enrollment application or final Admission to a University for the 2017-2018 Fall Term.
The above are the minimum certifications required for accepting an application in the selection process for this scholarship announcement. Applications not supporting minimum certifications required will be rejected in the selection process.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.